Really, all you need is a good basic muffin recipe that is adaptable to different flavor profiles. After that it’s just a matter of deciding what you want to fill it with. This recipe is a great base-line recipe to keep handy. Today, my daughter and I filled these muffins with black raspberry preserves and apple jelly with a small dollop of caramel for a caramel apple treat.
- 2 1/2c flour
- 1/2c sugar
- 1Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1c milk
- 1/2c butter(melted)
- 1 egg
- 1tsp vanilla
- Whatever jam, jelly, or filling you want
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl mix together the dry ingredients(flour, sugar, baking powder and salt).
- In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients(milk, butter, egg, and vanilla).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir just until the batter is moistened.
- Grease muffin tins or spray 12 paper muffin cups.
- Place 1 rounded Tbsp of batter in the bottom of each muffin space.
- Place 1 rounded tsp of jelly on top of each muffin.
- Finally, place 1 tsp of the remaining batter on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, allow to cool. This recipe produces 12 muffins.
- Any kind of jelly or jam works great here.
- Think outside the box! You can put half of a Tootsie Roll or any kind of soft candy inside. Figure out what works for you and make it your own. This is a blank slate recipe dying for your own sense of taste. Enjoy.