There is something special about zucchini bread in our household. The kids regularly ask to make it when it’s their time to bake with daddy. Warm, soft, and sweet. Add a little butter and it is a great go-to breakfast sweet bread. People often ask for the recipe. Well…here it is.
- 3c flour (I use 50% white, 50% whole wheat)
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1tsp baking powder
- 3tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1c oil
- 2 1/4c sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 2c grated zucchini
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Grease/spray and flour 2 8×4 loaf pans.
- Sift the dry ingredients(flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon) together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat together the eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla.
- Combine the wet and dry together and mix well. (The batter will be stiffer at this point.)
- Add the zucchini to the batter and mix well.(You will noticed with the addition of the zucchini the batter will thin out nicely.)
- Split the batter between the two plans evenly and back for 45 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean at the center.
- Let cool in pan on a rack for 10 minutes or so.