Apple butter is always in great supply in our house. It’s a fabulous spread on an English muffin in the morning for breakfast, but it can also be a great addition to your muffins. This recipe produces muffins that are more dense in consistency but produce a moist texture and pie-like spice flavor profile. Enjoy
- 1 3/4c flour
- 1/3c sugar
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp cinnamon
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1/4tsp nutmeg
- 1/8tsp allspice
- 1/8tsp ginger
- 1 egg
- 3/4c milk
- 1/4c oil
- 1/2c apple butter
- Mix together the dry ingredients(flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, allspice, and ginger) in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine egg, milk, and oil. Stir enough to lightly beat the egg.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until the batter is moistened.
- Grease muffin tins or spray 12 paper muffin cups.
- Place 1 rounded Tbsp of batter in the bottom of each muffin space.
- Place 1 rounded tsp of apple butter on top of each muffin.
- Finally, place 1 tsp of the remaining batter on top of each muffin.
- Bake 400° for 15-18 minutes, allow to cool. This recipe produces 12 muffins.
- You can top with your choice of chopped nuts, such as pecans or honey roasted peanuts.
- cinnamon-sugar or cinnamon-brown sugar
- small apple slice
- Whatever you like. You’re the baker of these muffins!