Not long ago, I was going through the recipe box trying to ferret out the recipes that I’ve never used or ever would care to. Among them was this fun little recipe. If you have leftover pumpkin in the freezer all pureed up or a can sitting around, this makes a great snack or breakfast item for the family.
- 4 eggs
- 2c sugar
- 16oz pumpkin puree(or 1 can if store bought)
- 1 1/2c oil
- 3c flour(I use 2c white and 1c whole wheat)
- 2tsp baking soda
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp salt
- 2c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree and oil. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients minus the chips.
- Add the dry to the wed mixture and blend well.
- Fold the chips into the batter.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400° for 18 to 20 minutes. This makes 24-28 standard sized muffins.