Deep in the recipe box I inherited from my mother are hidden tasty gems of my childhood that just need to be made. Among them was this fun little recipe. If you have leftover pumpkin in the freezer all pureed up or a can sitting around, this makes a great snack or breakfast item for the family.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 4 eggs
- 2 c sugar
- 16 oz pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 c oil
- 3 c flour (I use 2c white and 1c whole wheat)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree and oil. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients minus the chips.
- Add the dry to the wed mixture and blend well.
- Fold the chips into the batter.
- Fill greased or lined muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400° for 18 to 20 minutes. This makes 24-28 standard sized muffins.