Easy & Hearty Ham Salad
We love a good ham. During the holidays, leftover ham can be used in SO MANY WAY. Here’s an easy, but hearty, recipe for ham salad that can either be served in a sandwich or as a cracker spread. It has a lot of texture and a little kick for depth of character.
- 2c ham(copped up small or shredded in a food processor)
- 1c diced celery
- 1/4c onion(purple is our favorite)
- 1tsp mustard(Bavarian style is sturdy but Dijon is good too)
- 1tsp chili powder
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1/4 c hot or hot-sweet pickled relish
- 3/4c salad dressing(only use 1/2 if you like it less creamy)
- Dice the egg and then mix everything together. Poof! You’re in business.
Note: We like things spicier in this house so feel free to adjust the seasoning to your tastes. We’re just opening your eyes to the possibilities.