Comfort Food: Zucchini Bread
There is something special about zucchini bread in our household. The kids regularly ask to make it when it’s their time to bake with daddy. Warm, soft, and sweet. Add a little butter and it is a great go-to breakfast sweet bread. People often ask for the recipe. Well…here it is.
- 3c flour (I use 50% white, 50% whole wheat)
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1tsp baking powder
- 3tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1c oil
- 2 1/4c sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 2c grated zucchini
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Grease/spray and flour 2 8×4 loaf pans.
- Sift the dry ingredients(flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon) together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat together the eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla.
- Combine the wet and dry together and mix well. (The batter will be stiffer at this point.)
- Add the zucchini to the batter and mix well.(You will noticed with the addition of the zucchini the batter will thin out nicely.)
- Split the batter between the two plans evenly and back for 45 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean at the center.
- Let cool in pan on a rack for 10 minutes or so.